Shuttle WLN-S. Connectivity technology: Wireless, Host interface: Mini PCI Express, Interface: WLAN. Chipset: RTL8192CE, Networking standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, Frequency band: 2400 – 2483.5. Top Wi-Fi standard: IEEE 802.11n, Wi-Fi standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n. Antenna connector type: RP-SMA. Security algorithms: TKIP, WEP, WPA, WPA2, Windows operating systems supported: Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Basic x64, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, , Compatible products: XG41, DS61, DS81, XH61V, XH81, XH81V, XH97V
WLAN kit for Shuttle PCs: WLN-C and WLN-S
The Shuttle Accessory WLN-C / WLN-S is a wireless LAN kit consisting of a Mini-PCIe card, two antennas and appropriate cables. This accessory is intended for compatible Shuttle PCs to equip them with the wireless LAN standard according to IEEE 802.11b/g/n. Data transfer speeds of up to 300 MBit/s can be reached and WPA2 with AES encryption is supported, too.
What are the advantages over a conventional WLAN USB stick?
– The Mini-PCIe card sits in the case and is better protected from tampering and theft
– The integrated solution is more appealing
– For the best possible efficiency the antenna should be at least 6cm long (half a wavelength at 2.4 GHz) which is a big advantage over the USB stick
– The use of two antennas makes the communication between devices more reliable and can also transmit two signals at the same time resulting in significantly faster speeds as with single antenna WLAN devices
– The transmission protocol of Mini-PCIe cards is less complex compared to USB which helps keep processor load lower